UnBoxing: Amazon Beauty Box
Photos: Sophie Lindh
In my 20's, I developed an inexplicable yet very real and very extraordinary fear of the dentist. My mom, pour soul, accompanied me to many visits.
Once, when I was coming out of the fog of nitrous after a root canal, the hygenist told me I was entitled to a little bag with a toothbrush and toothpaste.
"Can I have two?" I managed to ask.
"Well, really, it's one per patient."
"I really love free stuff. Please."
"Ma'am. I'm going to have to limit you to one free bag of goodies. This actually happened.
Although I can afford my own oral hygiene products, enjoying free stuff is for me an extraordinary and arguably hereditary trait. In my family, we call it "the Bruna gene." My grandmother was the Queen of Freebies. I've seen her go to the counter with a month-old Styrofoam coffee cup and ask for a free "seniors refill". It's in my blood.
So when Amazon jumped on the monthly beauty box bandwagon and offered the price back in store credit, I was on it, baby.
According to Amazon, the box includes:
- L'Oreal Paris Mascara, Carbon Black (0.26 ounce)
- L'Oreal Paris Brow Stylist Sculptor, 360 Brunette (0.05 ounce)
- Mineral Fusion Mascara, Graphite (0.06 ounce)
- L'Oreal Paris Cushion Foundation, Nude Beige (0.06 ounce)
- Fekkai Shampoo & Conditioner (0.6 ounce)
- Garnier Shampoo & Conditioner (3.4 ounce)
- Black 15in1 Hair Treatment (1 oz)
And although I paid $9.99, I get this amount of credit towards the purchase of any one of these items. So it feels free. And getting something that feels free is like the absolute glory of winning.
So I feel like a million bucks... or at least 10.
Until the next "unboxing"...
Xx, Mom in Mascara